Capsule Wardrobe - Part Two

10:29:00 AM

Did you miss the first post in the series? ---> Capsule Wardrobe - Part One

I DID IT! And guess what? It wasn't as hard as I had expected. The thought of getting rid of more than half of my clothes was a tough one to swallow.  I had just KM'd my clothes a few weeks ago so I thought that there couldn't be much to part with, boy was I wrong!  I used my list that I created to keep myself on track, but I did make some modifications as I went along.

My master list!
Obligatory "Ready to Start" Photo!
I separated the clothes on the bed by type so that I could easily follow my list.  I was shocked when I had all of the clothes folded on the bed, there were so many!  Seriously, no one needs this many clothes!
Before! 
Then the sorting began.  I started with tops and then moved to pants and workout clothes.  The whole process took about 45 minutes from start to finish, including laying out all of the clothes and taking a ton of photos.  My advice would be to make sure all of your clothes are clean before you start, you don't want to have a bunch of clothes down in the laundry that you forget about! I opted to hang all of the clothes I decided to keep, I think that it's much easier to get the exact piece that I am looking for this way.  My dresser still has my work clothes and under garments in it, but I plan to get rid of it for something smaller in the near future.
The Final Result!!
I seriously can't believe what I ended up with! 45 items of clothing!! I couldn't be happier with this whole process and it doesn't hurt that it totally fits in with my #onelittleword of 2016: Simple! Slowly but surely I have doing away with the clutter and creating an environment that I actually want to be in :)
The clothes that are leaving!
My next step is to take all of these clothes to Plato's Closet and see if I can get any money for them, and whatever is left over will be donated!  My goal is to make enough money from them to put towards the purchase of a Longchamp Bag! I have always wanted one, so I figure I will treat myself after all of the hard work I have been doing.  Hopefully this weekend I will end out this series with a tips and tricks post, as well as individual photographs of everything that I kept. See you in my next post :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Previous Blog