Fall = Family

10:55:00 AM

Cooler air. Sweaters. Pumpkin spice.. Okay okay, I'll stop.  I love fall! Fall to me means more time with my family creating special memories.  This year we decided to kick off our fall at the local pumpkin patch, and let me say it did not disappoint!  Last year we went to a place called Lindvilla, and it was PACKED!  I mean the line for cider was  30 minutes long.  It was hard to enjoy ourselves as we had 2 young toddlers with us so I knew this year I wanted to go somewhere smaller and quieter.  We opted for Colonial Gardens, and seriously it was perfect! With our crazy schedules we have to do these kinds of activities midweek rather than the weekend so finding a place with a hayride that runs on a Wednesday at noon was pretty hard.  Colonial Gardens fit the bill.  And guess what?? We were the only ones on the hayride! This made it so much more enjoyable as the girls were able to look at all of the creepy creatures without distraction.

After the hayride we picked out some pumpkins and let the girls play in fall/disney themed play area. There was even a slide into a pit of hay.  Aubree was in heaven!  I also liked the fact that they had all of the pumpkins next to the adorable shop so there was no lugging 100lbs of pumpkins from a field.  This is definitely a place to check out if you are in the philadelphia area and don't want the hassle (and expense!) of going to one of the giant farms nearby!

We spent the afternoon cleaning up the front yard and decorating the porch.  I am so happy to finally have patio furniture so we can enjoy the cooler days and nights outside.  I added our new pumpkins and a hay bale by the door and love the way it turned out!  Hope everyone is having a great start to fall!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Previous Blog