Anyone Can Be Anything!

6:11:00 PM

A week off from school means a bunch of extra mommy-daughter time.  And in this case it also meant our first trip to the movie theater!  The girls (mostly Aubree) have been begging me to see Zootopia so I thought Saturday morning would be the perfect time!  I tried to prepare as much as possible because I really didn't know what to expect from my two rambunctious girls.  The movie itself was an hour and 45 minutes long so I packed extra candy ;)  We opted to make a morning out of it by going to Target and doing a little shopping before the movie started.  I found 2 adorable Zootopia dresses on the clearance rack and decided that the girls had to have them!  We made our way to the candy aisle and loaded up our basket. After we made our purchases we were ready to head across the parking lot to the theater.
Thankfully children 2 and under are free otherwise it would have been a pretty pricey day.  Even at 11am tickets were still $10.  After we bought our tickets we went up to the concession stand and got literally the worlds biggest soda and a medium popcorn.  The whole time the girls were talking to other patrons about their new dresses and how excited they were to see the movies. I definitely (not so secretly) hoped that we would be the only ones in the theater but that didn't quite happen.  There were 4 or 5 other groups, but thankfully they all had kids.  I was a bit nervous that the girls would be able to sit still that long, but they did a pretty good job.  Brooke almost lasted the entire movie but near the end I had to give her my phone and let her watch some youtube videos on mute.
They both loved the movie so much! Neither of them has stopped talking about it and that was 2 days ago.  I think Zootopia was really funny and very well done.  It did a great job teaching kids that they can do anything that they want if they just put their mind to it.  A wonderful lesson to teach children.  We will absolutely go to the movies again in the future, but it'll have to be a once in a while type of thing.  Money-wise I prefer to just purchase the movie, but experience wise you can't beat that giant screen and those overpriced snacks :) Hope everyone had a great mothers day weekend!!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Previous Blog